Help raise s’more funds for Camp Quality
Throughout May and June, Arnott’s Big Recipe Release inspired home bakers to #baketogether and make their own versions of classic Arnott’s bickies. Now, Arnott’s is releasing a special recipe in the hope it will inspire people to support a very worthy cause.
Camp Quality is a charity that gives kids facing cancer a chance to be kids again. This year they are hosting “Camp In” – a camp-at-home fundraising challenge – on July 4.
Arnott’s has created a camping-inspired s’mores recipe to support Camp In. But this is no ordinary sweet treat. For every Aussie s’more photo shared on social media with #baketogether, Arnott’s will donate $100 to Camp Quality, up to $100,000.
And to sweeten the deal even more, Arnott’s has pledged an exclusive, behind-the-scenes factory tour as the prize for the top Camp In fundraising team. The winner will get to visit Arnott’s iconic bakery and sample some still-warm biscuits fresh out of the oven.
“The support Camp Quality provides for children and their families is incredibly important,” says Claire Brycki, Arnott’s Marketing Manager. “Arnott’s is proud to be a long-time partner of their work and have always believed there is no substitute for family connection.”
How you can take part:
1. Fundraise: visit campin.org.au and register your team.
2. Support at home: bake your s’mores (see recipe below), snap a photo and tag with #baketogether to trigger a $100 donation from Arnott’s.
Arnott’s Aussie Granita S’mores
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 minutes
1 packet Arnott’s Granita
10 squares thin milk chocolate
Desiccated coconut (optional)
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Place 10 Arnott’s Granita biscuits on a baking tray, top each biscuit with a marshmallow. Place tray under grill until marshmallows are toasted and softened. Watch carefully as this will happen very quickly in 1-2 minutes. Remove from grill.
3. Top toasted marshmallow with a square of chocolate (and a sprinkle of coconut) before placing another Granita biscuit on top. Gently press to sandwich together. Let the s’more sit for 1-2 mins before eating.
• You can use any type of chocolate – milk, dark, white, sea salt, or your favourite flavour.
• For double choc deliciousness, try Arnott’s Choc Wheaten or Chocolate Scotch Finger.
• If you have an open flame or fire, safely toast your marshmallow for an extra smoky taste.
• The sprinkle of coconut is optional for an extra Aussie taste. You could also add chocolate sprinkles or chopped nuts – get creative!