Trucking great news for Melbourne
Wednesday nights in Melbourne can come to life once again, with Queen Victoria Market announcing its first outdoor night-time activation since March. The Festive Food Truck Stop at Queen Vic Market will bring together a collection of Melbourne’s favourite food trucks with delicious street food from across the globe.
Over four weeks, visitors will be able to satisfy street food cravings and rediscover their palates; indulging in everything from bao buns, burgers and tacos to mac and cheese croquettes, smoked barbecued meats, mango lassis and much more.
For those looking to feed their wanderlust, the Truck Stop will provide visitors with an opportunity to travel the world, one truck at a time. The line-up of food trucks taking over the market’s Queen Street includes some of the city’s best vendors, from authentic Jamaican cuisine by a Caribbean boss man to handmade gnocchi by an Italian chef.
Food trucks + bar at QVM
• The Real Jerk – dishing up Jamaican jerk chicken with rice, jerk fried chicken and jerk chicken burgers.
• Nem N’ Nem – Vietnamese favourites: bao buns, banh mi, noodle bowls and loaded fries.
• Pasta Face – serving up Tuscan beef ragu with potato gnocchi, mac and cheese croquettes and parmesan truffled chips.
• Two Fat Indians – butter chicken, goat curry, vegan chickpea curry, smashed samosas, naan and mango lassi.
• Bigger than Texas BBQ – pulled pork sliders, low n’ slow chicken wings and succulent beef short ribs.
• Gorilla Grill – think American-Asian inspired eats like chicken and waffle burgers and prawn tacos.
• The Beer Garden – summer vibes with an all-Victorian line-up showcasing Brick Lane Brewing beers, Coldstream Brewery ciders, a range of Mitchelton Wines and cocktails from Melbourne Gin Company.
The Festive Food Truck Stop at Queen Vic Market will run every Wednesday, 5pm to 10pm, from November 25 to December 16. For more information, visit qvm.com.au/whats-on