Think pink this May: buy a Fun Bun
It’s the little things that can make a big difference to Australians affected by breast cancer. That’s why this May, Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) and Bakers Delight have teamed up again, asking people to buy a Pink Fun Bun during the 2021 Pink Bun campaign.
For three weeks, from May 6 to 26, every Bakers Delight bakery across the country will turn pink, with 100 percent of the sale from every Fun Bun donated to BCNA.
This year’s campaign will also highlight how simple acts can be of enormous help and comfort to those going through breast cancer diagnosis and treatment – anything from helping with the housework or running an errand to simply sending a message of support.
It’s the little things that matter
Pink Bun ambassador Sonja Bowyer-Smyth says it truly is the small things that make a big difference. “Quality time with friends and family, someone to listen to how I feel and validate my emotions,” she says. “A meal dropped off, coffee at a cafe or a picnic.”
Money raised throughout the Pink Bun campaign will help BCNA continue to provide up-to-date, tailored information and support to the 20,825 Australian women and men expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer this year. This year marks 21 years of partnership between BCNA and Bakers Delight; more than $21 million dollars has been raised so far.
How you can help
Here are five ways you can support the Pink Bun campaign this year and help ensure that Australian women and men affected by breast cancer receive the support, information, treatment and care they need. Remember: every little bit counts!
1. Visit your local Bakers Delight and buy a Pink Fun Bun or Pink Fun Bun 6-Pack.
2. Make a donation at any Bakers Delight or online.
3. Tote bags will also be available, with $1 from every bag sold donated to BCNA.
4. Bakers Delight customers can also purchase a Pink Lady silhouette for a gold coin donation and write a message of support to a loved one.
5. You can also buy a virtual Pink Bun, hold a virtual Pink Bun party to raise funds, or make a donation via SMS by texting PINKBUN to 0400 662 662.
For more information about the Breast Cancer Network Australia and this year’s Pink Bun campaign, head to bcna.org.au